In today's digital age, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest trends in SEO and digital marketing. While you may not have the time or expertise to figure out which strategies will work best for your business, there are experts who specialize in these fields who can assist you.
The purpose of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is to increase the visibility of a webpage or website in search engines by modifying the code to include relevant keywords and phrases. SEO is only one strategy, so it's important not to mistake SEO for the only way to increase page views or ranking on Google.
SEO and digital marketing are closely related, but SEO is not necessarily a part of digital marketing. Additionally, SEO alone is not a complete strategy but just one of the tools needed in the process of increasing online exposure via search engine results.
What is SEO in Digital Marketing?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Through SEO, words and phrases that are relevant to the site can be made visible to search engines and build a website's visibility. Since SEO is just one strategy within your digital marketing plan, it’s important to incorporate different search engine optimization tactics to diversify your results.
SEO works in two ways:
- SEO makes your website more visible to search engines and increases the chances of it being found. SEO is a purely digital means of advertising. As you dive into the digital world, you may hear people talking about organic advertising vs. paid advertising. Keep in mind that SEO is considered organic, so these phrases are sometimes interchangeable, depending on the specific strategy you are utilizing. Since SEO is yet another form of advertising, experts need to know how their techniques will affect search engines and what effect these changes will have on the organic listings for keywords (and audiences) they desire to target.
- Conversion rates from search engine results pages (SERPs) can also be improved by SEO by improving click-through rates (CTR). By using SEO best practices you can achieve higher rankings on SERPs which leads to more traffic and ultimately better conversions if visitors click on your link over that of competitors. SEO can even be used to improve social media marketing strategies as SEO concentrates on targeting particular words and phrases which can also be used in social media content. SEO and Social Media SEO work together to create a cohesive marketing plan.
SEO is not just about increasing search engine rankings or traffic, SEO can also help increase your social media reach!
Search engines such as Google rely on the number of likes, shares, and tweets for each website to determine what results appear in SERPs. This means that by using SEO you can improve your chances of Facebook posts and Tweets appearing towards the top of the search results page over less relevant or less engaging posts from competitors.
While SEO and digital marketing are both online strategies used to attract visitors, they differ greatly in their philosophies.
How Page Content Helps SEO
The best way to market your business is by focusing more on-page content and creating high-quality, relevant landing pages for paid advertising. Correctly formatted pages with high quality keyword rich headings on each section can help rank in search engine rankings and generate more organic traffic which leads back to increasing revenue.
It's important to have an array of diverse promotional methods that include SEO and digital marketing tactics. SEO and Digital Marketing work together to create a cohesive marketing plan. SEO is not just about increasing search engine rankings or traffic, SEO can also help increase your social media reach!
The Secret Ingredient for Digital Success
The SEO and digital marketing industry are growing rapidly with a projected future growth of 9 percent yearly. Due to this, the demand for sharp individuals who are proficient in SEO and digital marketing has increased exponentially, making it a lucrative career opportunity as well as a highly competitive industry for individuals and businesses alike.
Other factors not directly related to the SEO algorithm also play into site rankings as well, such as customer service satisfaction, speed, security or other extra-coding factors that come into play. In order to maximize search results from your SEO agency's perspective, you have to understand what makes up technical SEO.
SEO and Digital Marketing Strategies for Beginners
SEO and digital marketing strategies go hand in hand. SEO provides a foundation for success while digital marketing uses SEO to its advantage and creates an additional layer of exposure for businesses online, pushing brands and businesses ahead of their competition.
Digital marketing is the process of promoting products & services through digital channels such as social media, email marketing, video, etc...When taken into consideration alongside all other components of a's digital marketing campaign, SEO becomes more than just the code on your website pages when taken into consideration alongside all other components of a's digital marketing campaign.
In order to improve SEO for your digital marketing strategies, you need to remember these three SEO rules:
- Provide Quality Content – Your content has to be more than just high quality. It has to actually provide value. Think about what your target audience wants and needs. Ask yourself questions about their problems and how they can be solved by your products or services. What steps can you take in order to turn regular visitors into loyal clients?
- Know Your Audience – Speaking directly to your population is key here. The key demographic of your company and the search engine's algorithm are not necessarily one in the same; SEO is an attempt to speak to potential clients directly. It involves using certain keywords that your client base may use to find your website. What words would they type into a search engine? What phrases might they be searching for?
- Create SEO-Friendly Websites – You need a website that is both SEO and user friendly. Don't underestimate the power of quality content – remember, this is where you will be speaking directly to your audience! In addition, it's important that your site functions properly as well as being aesthetically pleasing.
It can be tough to keep up with all the latest trends in digital marketing and SEO. Luckily, there are experts who specialize in these fields that can help you! With such a wide range of options available for your business, it’s hard to know which strategy will lead to success.
We would love to chat about how our team could assist your company by providing tailored services based on what exactly is needed for your particular situation.