As we jump into the new year, it’s a great time to do a quick check on your website and make a few updates. You should include your social media pages in this check-up too!
Epic’s Website Check-Up tips:
- Start with a quick review of your page speed insights here: https://pagespeed.web.dev/. Type in your website address and voila. If you wanted a place to start, now you have one! Toggle between Mobile and Desktop for a more complete technical analysis. Based on your score, create a to-do list for improvements. Simple things like optimizing images for the correct size can make a huge difference!
2. Manually review your website for issues such as out-of-date content/images, broken links, menu navigation issues, and proper CTA buttons. Use this checklist:
- Homepage - Images and content, proper CTAs
- Main Navigation & sub navigation - all buttons/links working properly
- Subpage(s) - Images and Content, proper CTAs
- Forms - all forms are working properly
- Team pages are up-to-date with photos, names, and job titles
- Optional - check out process is working properly, specials and promos are easy to understand
3. Review your Google Business Profile for up-to-date information. While you’re checking it out, why not add that team photo from the holiday party?
4. Review your business social media pages and remove old content. Commit to 1 post per week to ramp up your presence early in the year! Remember, you’re the expert -
share that knowledge with others. *BONUS TIP - Don’t forget to check your DMs for customers who may have tried to reach out. Depending on the platform,
you may not receive the message directly.
These simple tips will help you to start 2024 off right! If you’re ready to refresh or build your website, grow your digital presence, and build a winning digital marketing strategy - reach out, let’s do this!