Google's latest major update - the November 2023 Core Update - is currently ongoing and expected to be completed by January. While details about the update remain under wraps, we can draw insights from Google's official statements and industry analysis to understand its potential impact on search.
- Relevance: Google emphasizes matching users' search intent with highly relevant web pages. This means content directly addressing the user's query and providing in-depth, valuable information will be rewarded.
- Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (EAT): Websites with established expertise in their field and demonstrated trustworthiness are likely to see improvement in their ranking. High-quality content, author credentials, and backlinks from reputable sources will be crucial.
- User Experience (UX): Google continues prioritizing websites offering a positive user experience. This includes factors like page speed, mobile-friendliness, and clear navigation.
- Content Quality: Low-quality content, thin pages, and content farms will likely decline in ranking. Focusing on informative, original, and well-researched content will be key to success.
- E-A-T Optimization: Websites lacking in expertise, authoritativeness, or trustworthiness may struggle. Building backlinks from relevant sources, showcasing author credentials, and demonstrating expertise through content is essential.
- SEO Strategy Shift: SEO tactics solely focused on keyword stuffing or manipulating backlinks will become less effective. Optimizing for user intent, content quality, and user experience will be the new focus.
The update's full impact will become clearer over the coming weeks. Focusing on creating high-quality content, delivering a positive user experience, and establishing your website's E-A-T will pave the way for long-term success in the new year!